Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• file bed

Hello! I have a manifest file from Illumina and I would like to extract bed file. In the manifest file the targets have a strand + o - and in the file bed I would like to specify they, I see that it is possible but it is necessary to include the fields of ''name'' and ''score'', I do not know the field of score.
    Thank you very much in advance

best regards

Hi pingu,

Unless I'm mistaken (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong), the "score" field is only appropriate when working with actual data and really only affects the way those data are displayed in a browser such as UCSC. I believe the "strand" setting is similar-- it affects how data are displayed in a track (i.e. whether the read arrow points right or left). Depending on what you plan on using the .bed file for, that may or may not make sense to specify in your own file.

For a .bed file generated from a manifest, you won't really have a score for that since it wasn't based on data you generated. If you want to specify the strand of the DNA in the .bed file generated from the manifest, you may just be able to assign an arbitrary value, such as 1000, to the score for each line in the manifest and see if that suits your needs.

On the other hand, if you're just planning on using this .bed file as a reference, the "strand" field may not even be necessary, so you might be able to skip everything after the "Name" field. In other words, if the "score" and "strand" fields are for displaying track lines in a browser, it may not make sense to specify them if you're using the bed file as a reference for other purposes (i.e. if you're doing a vcf-bed intersect using vcflib tools).

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
    0 responses