Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nextera DNA Exome Tagmentation Peaks

I'm new to the library prep side of sequencing and I've been having trouble getting my post-tagmentation, post-amplification libraries to match the profile in the Nextera DNA Exome protocol.

I've repeated the process a few times with increasing care (using low-bind tubes, checking input concentrations with Qubit, testing beads on a DNA ladder, etc.) and I'm finding that I have a flat, right skewed bioanalyzer peak (the peak should be between 200-500bps and mine hangs over 1000bps - see attached trace). Illumina's FAQ claims that a secondary, larger peak is common and should be of no concern since it's often an amplification product but I'm not convinced that's what I'm seeing here.

Has anyone else had a pre-enrichment library prep with a similar profile? Is this cause for concern (over- or under-tagmentation)? If so, do you have any tips on how the protocol can be adjusted to account for it?
    Attached Files

The library profile indicates input DNA overload and it can affect on target capture (enrichment efficiency).

Exon length on average are around 200bp and a 1Kb fragment might have hybridized to target in the middle so sequencing 100 cycles from ends will result in off target reads.

Comment

Is it common to have to use less input DNA than the kit recommends? I'm worried about reducing my library complexity and I don't know how much the input concentration influences that.

Comment

You should not use less DNA. Your thermocycler or kit also could be faulty (expired, exposed to high temperatures). You can test lower DNA input and see if you get shorter fragments.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses