SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Questions about Nextera kit/tagmentation kobeho24 Sample Prep / Library Generation 4 10-27-2016 07:01 PM
Failed tagmentation reaction for Nextera library? sweetph3 Sample Prep / Library Generation 14 07-21-2016 07:18 AM
Nextera XT tagmentation problem nao Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 03-21-2016 02:11 PM
Possibility of tagmentation without fragmentation with Nextera XT kit Ahmed_BH Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 07-11-2014 06:11 AM
step- limited pcr after tagmentation with Nextera XT... how many cycles? Synthetica RNA Sequencing 0 06-10-2014 08:37 AM

Old 09-20-2018, 10:31 PM   #1
kblake

Default Nextera DNA Exome Tagmentation Peaks

I'm new to the library prep side of sequencing and I've been having trouble getting my post-tagmentation, post-amplification libraries to match the profile in the Nextera DNA Exome protocol.

I've repeated the process a few times with increasing care (using low-bind tubes, checking input concentrations with Qubit, testing beads on a DNA ladder, etc.) and I'm finding that I have a flat, right skewed bioanalyzer peak (the peak should be between 200-500bps and mine hangs over 1000bps - see attached trace). Illumina's FAQ claims that a secondary, larger peak is common and should be of no concern since it's often an amplification product but I'm not convinced that's what I'm seeing here.

Has anyone else had a pre-enrichment library prep with a similar profile? Is this cause for concern (over- or under-tagmentation)? If so, do you have any tips on how the protocol can be adjusted to account for it?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 11.12.02 PM.png (62.3 KB, 10 views)
kblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:13 AM   #2
nucacidhunter
Jafar Jabbari

The library profile indicates input DNA overload and it can affect on target capture (enrichment efficiency).

Exon length on average are around 200bp and a 1Kb fragment might have hybridized to target in the middle so sequencing 100 cycles from ends will result in off target reads.
nucacidhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:17 AM   #3
kblake

Is it common to have to use less input DNA than the kit recommends? I'm worried about reducing my library complexity and I don't know how much the input concentration influences that.
kblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:21 PM   #4
nucacidhunter
Jafar Jabbari

You should not use less DNA. Your thermocycler or kit also could be faulty (expired, exposed to high temperatures). You can test lower DNA input and see if you get shorter fragments.
nucacidhunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exome sequencing, sample preparation, tagmentation