X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dindel stage 3 issue

HI,
    I have 2 question on DINDEL please.
    I am using DINDEL to identify short indels from ILLUMINA NextGen data generated from a custom pull down experiment. I have used exons from 34 genes to design 60pb baits library (custom library from agilent) , pulled down genomic DNA form diseased and normal samples with this library, and went through ILUMINA hiseq.
    Because of the small size of the pull down library , I have a very good coverage on my targets regions, when I calculate the coverage/baits , this is an example of coverage ( minimum 10000 reads per 60pb bait)
    Min. 1st Qu. Median Mean 3rd Qu. Max.
    0 10460 14220 13680 17590 30920

I have used dindel-1.01. Reduced the bam to my target regions using samtools view command, and indexed the ref and the bam files.
    stage 1 ok:
    dindel --analysis getCIGARindels --bamFile sample.bam \
    --outputFile sample.dindel_output --ref ref.fa
    stage 2 OK ( realignment windows) using makeWindows.py. I create 18 windows form this point.
    Q1-stage 3 issue(first question)
    dindel-1.01 --analysis indels --doDiploid --bamFile / --ref / --varFile / --libFile / --outputFile /'
    causes problems may be due to my high coverage (?). this is the kind of error I get
    ##skipped Chr9 6032047 reason: error_above_read_count_threshold
    ##skipped Chr9 6032047 reason: error_above_read_count_threshold
    I have seen that there is a reads count options with --maxRead which is set to 10000 at the moment. Is that too small for very high coverage data? Is that Ok to push this up?

Q2-Another question , I have 2 set of data, sample with disease and sample with no disease ( from the same individual). Is there a way to use the no disease sample as a reference to ignore those indels in the disease samples ( I hope I am making sense )

many thanks

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses