No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bioanalyzer electropherogram ~200bp

Hi Everyone,
    I am preparing some libraries from 150ng of mRNA. I am using a buffer to fragment my mRNA after isolation. I tried different concentrations of the buffer (from 0.2 to 1uL, also different times). I found out that 0.4 or 0.5 (5min at 70C) give me the best peaks. However, I think that I need to get bigger fragments. Should I target my fragmentation to get a peak over 200bp on bioanalyzer electropherogram or getting it around 170bp is okay? See picture attached.
    Thank you.
    Attached Files

You need to consider the adapter sequences when you look at the size of your library. These can be up to 120bp for a paired end library, meaning your actual average insert is only ~50bp.
    Also, very short fragments won't form clusters as they are insufficient length to form bridges on the flowcell.
    Personally, I'd re-prepare the library and attempt to get 200bp or over for an average size.

Comment

Thanks. I forgot to mention this is the fragmented poly(A+) RNA, not the library. I finish this library, but the final product was too small, so I am doing it again. I did not find any fragmented mRNA profile that would be good.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
      0 responses