No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mehtamorphosis View Post
    Hello,

We recently purchased the REM e Module for our Beckman Biomek FX and have been incredibly unsuccessful so far.

There seems to be a large disconnect between Roche and Beckman over the product as we have learned in struggling with write the methods / create plate definitions / run the instrument. They say that it is simple plug and play but it is not.

I'd appreciate any feedback or information on getting the module operating.

Thanks

Hi there,

This is not good news to hear. We do not have the REM e or Biomek FX yet, but are intending to get both, hopefully sooner than later. Has Roche not provided much support for you? I would think you could contact your FAS and request some training on the device. Beckman (Australia) has indicated they'd be able to help us with this and I've given them some information on it, but maybe I ought to follow-up on this.

Comment

An automation system integration of REM e System w/ Biomek is in progress by Beckman Coulter.

Comment

Originally posted by mehtamorphosis View Post
        Hello,

We recently purchased the REM e Module for our Beckman Biomek FX and have been incredibly unsuccessful so far.

There seems to be a large disconnect between Roche and Beckman over the product as we have learned in struggling with write the methods / create plate definitions / run the instrument. They say that it is simple plug and play but it is not.

I'd appreciate any feedback or information on getting the module operating.

Thanks
        We do not own a REM e but have been considering it. We do own two Beckman FX's. We were at ABRF two weeks ago and spoke to our favorite Roche representative. She acknowledged that there has been an issue over support of the REM e on Beckman robots but Roche and Beckman have recently hammered this out. Beckman is now supposed to be taking a more active role in supporting the REM e on their robots.

As we don't own the system I can't provide any first hand information but I will say that I do trust the Roche person who gave us this information.

Comment

Latest we heard from Roche: " the Hamilton is the preferred choice as we made best experience with this supplier" (pardon their English).

This came four days after we ordered a Hamilton

Eight weeks delivery time, so I won't be able to post experiences for a little while...

Comment

Originally posted by kmcarr View Post
            We do not own a REM e but have been considering it. We do own two Beckman FX's. We were at ABRF two weeks ago and spoke to our favorite Roche representative. She acknowledged that there has been an issue over support of the REM e on Beckman robots but Roche and Beckman have recently hammered this out. Beckman is now supposed to be taking a more active role in supporting the REM e on their robots.

As we don't own the system I can't provide any first hand information but I will say that I do trust the Roche person who gave us this information.
            was the issue ever resolved?

Comment

Originally posted by jsadeli View Post
              was the issue ever resolved?
              We are still evaluating whether or not to buy a Rem e. Our account manager has put us in contact with a core lab not too far from us that supposedly has the Rem e working very smoothly on the Biomek FX. We are considering sending someone to visit & see it first hand.

Comment

I've heard that Beckman is working on it and will be supporting the REMe going forward.

Comment

Check it out, picture of working integrated REM e on a Biomek NX:
                  Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

I'll post a video of it running on youtube if anyone is interested.

Comment

Short (<2 min) video clip of REMe-Biomek integration in action,
                    sorry for the low quality, didn't have enough lighting. I'll see if i can get a better one next time.

http://www.box.net/shared/xsi7b4cdyh
                    *.MP4 File (plays with Windows Media Player)

Originally posted by jsadeli View Post
                    Check it out, picture of working integrated REM e on a Biomek NX:
                    Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

I'll post a video of it running on youtube if anyone is interested.

Comment

I, for one, would be very interested. I don't keep many video playback applications on my work computer because they need to be nearly constantly updated because of the many security exploits created for them.

--
                      Phillip

Comment

Does anyone have experiences to share about the REMe on the Hamilton? Just got our Hamilton installed and we're intending to get the deck set up soon for the REMe.

Comment

REM e System for enrichment

Any updates to user experiences with this? We were quoted ~$18K for the module itself, then $12,590 for "integration and installation" and a further ~$3500 for protocol support -- this for Biomek FX platform. Decided at the time that it was too expensive an option for the small part of the whole process it actually performs. Have just ordered the Ion Torrent counterpart, not available until June/July for 50% off--$4350. Can't understand how the two devices can be so wildly different in cost. The IT version has to have some moving parts...doesn't it?

Installing a HiSeq in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by HMorrison View Post
                            Any updates to user experiences with this? We were quoted ~$18K for the module itself, then $12,590 for "integration and installation" and a further ~$3500 for protocol support -- this for Biomek FX platform. Decided at the time that it was too expensive an option for the small part of the whole process it actually performs. Have just ordered the Ion Torrent counterpart, not available until June/July for 50% off--$4350. Can't understand how the two devices can be so wildly different in cost. The IT version has to have some moving parts...doesn't it?

Installing a HiSeq in the meantime.
                            So are you saying the ION EXPRESS (new automating machine for the ION torrent) can be used for the 454 library prep ? The REM is supposed to be used for the automation of the enrichment part of the 454 library prep... what is the ION express for ??

Comment

We bought the Ion Express module to use with our Ion Torrent PGM, not with the FLX.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                              0 responses