No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an error when run cufflinks

When i run cufflinks, the error occurs:

cufflinks: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_thread.so.1.47.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

it may be the problem from the install of boost C++.

So, can someone help me to solve this?

I had the same issue and I solved it by adding the lib path:
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib

But before this make sure you have installed Boost:

Also, while I was installing Boost I also had this error, which I didn't know how to solve it but for the moment I just removed that parameter from the command:

boost_1_47_0]$ bjam --toolset=gcc architecture=x86 address_model=64 link=static runtime-link=static stage install
    /home/code/IMPORT/boost_1_47_0/tools/build/v2/build/property.jam:328: in validate1 from module property
    error: Invalid property '<address_model>64': unknown feature 'address_model'.

Comment

try this:
      locate libboost | grep t_thread.so.1
      find the library location and then add the path to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH by the following script:
      export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/your/libboost/absolute/path/to/file

Comment

Originally posted by bio_student View Post
        I had the same issue and I solved it by adding the lib path:
        export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib

But before this make sure you have installed Boost:

Also, while I was installing Boost I also had this error, which I didn't know how to solve it but for the moment I just removed that parameter from the command:

boost_1_47_0]$ bjam --toolset=gcc architecture=x86 address_model=64 link=static runtime-link=static stage install
        /home/code/IMPORT/boost_1_47_0/tools/build/v2/build/property.jam:328: in validate1 from module property
        error: Invalid property '<address_model>64': unknown feature 'address_model'.
        Thanks a lot. The error resolved but the command export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib
        must be entered before running > cufflinks.
        Is there a way to rectify it.?

Comment

Originally posted by vasubioinfo View Post
          Thanks a lot. The error resolved but the command export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib
          must be entered before running > cufflinks.
          Is there a way to rectify it.?
          Depending on the default shell you are using that command can be added to either the .profile or .bashrc file in your $HOME.

Comment

Can you please explain

Respected Sir,
            Can you please explain what you have posted ? How to know which is our default shell and run the command.

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
            Depending on the default shell you are using that command can be added to either the .profile or .bashrc file in your $HOME.
            Thank you.

Comment

What is the output of the following command? This will tell us what shell you are using.

Code:
              echo $SHELL

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses