Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering that rRNA constituted 99% of your sample, 50-70 ng of rRNA-depleted RNA is in line with the expected yield. This would be sufficient to prepare an RNA-Seq library. For example, our ScriptSeq v2 library prep kit requires 500 pg to 50 ng input RNA (either poly(A) or rRNA-depleted).

What method are you using to quantify the RNA after Ribo-Zero treatment?
    Connect with Epicentre: Facebook | Twitter

Comment

In fact, when I was saying a depleting grade of 99% it was reffered to the peak area of the rRNA in the analysis profile you got in a bioanalyzer system, so I don't know exactly the rRNA percentage of my sample.

Another problem is that the company, which is going to develop the cDNA library and to sequence it, is using a SOLID system, so that kit you offer me is not compatible... isn't it?

We're quantifying the RNA with a flourimeter, so, in principle, it isn't overestimated, like the quantification Nanodrop gives to you (that was another problem we had in the begining...).

Another thing is that because of a initial bad quantification we got with the fluorimeter, some of the quantifications were underestimated and we have succesfully depleted the rRNA even using 8 ug instead of 5 ug... Anyway, the yield wasn't enough (in the majority of the samples it was around 50-70 ng...not depending whether the sample was 5 ug or 8ug).

What about the "tricky" idea I asked about? This assay is for a comparative transcriptome among different enviromental conditions the strain is suffering and we don't want to be wasting so much money in all the kit we've been wasting because the low yield we got.

Thank you

Comment

You're right that the ScriptSeq method will not be compatible with SOLiD.

If you are having yield problems with a Ribo-Zero kit, I would be concerned that the same problems would occur if you use Ribo-Zero after the MicrobeExpress kit. I'd like to troubleshoot the low yields some more. Can you contact our Tech Support staff directly, and we can determine if there is a kit-specific problem? Thanks.

Comment

Yes, It could be the same problem, but the idea is to start with less percentage of rRNA in a similar quantity of initial RNA (5ug) to avoid that yield problem.

Do you think that tricky idea would affect the quality of the mRNA making the assay of the transcriptome not trustful?

Comment

Especially with an international shipment, there could be issues with shipping and storage that may cause problems, which is why I suggested more extensive troubleshooting with tech support. If there is, in fact, a problem with the kit, it would affect yields regardless of the type of sample used as input.

Comment

Originally posted by msdl View Post
              Another problem is that the company, which is going to develop the cDNA library and to sequence it, is using a SOLID system, so that kit you offer me is not compatible... isn't it?
              The new protocol for the SOLiD Whole Transcriptome Kit has a "low input RNA" protocol that works with 5-25 ng of input RNA. So they could just use that, right?

--
              Phillip

Comment

Yes, that would work for SOLiD.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                • seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                0 responses