Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions: Reads scores for RDP Classifier files imported into MEGAN

Hi ALL! I'm new to this forum, and also new to the world of metagenomics data analysing. I would appreciate if anyone can enlighten me on this question.

Let me start my describing what I've done: I have some 16s sequences (from Ion PGM) which I have classified on RDPipeline Classifier using confidence threshold of 50 (for sequence shorter than 250bp). The classification.txt which I downloaded looked fine, with the taxonomic assignments and also the scores.

I then imported the classification.txt into MEGAN5, according to the instructions in the manual. I chose RDPstandalone as the format since the other option for RDP didn't work at all. I also included the fasta reads file. For the LCA parameters, I used all default values (min score=50).

After processing, MEGAN gave me a tree. However, when I chose the option to Inspect a node, I found that all my reads have a score of 100 even though the scores for some ranks in the classification.txt were less that 1.0. My questions: Is this normal? For all reads to have score of 100?

Below is an attachment of the screenshot of the Inspector window, showing 2 reads that have 100 scores, and the entries (ranks and scores) from the classification.txt

I thank anyone who takes the time to read this and help me out. Please let me know if im thinking along the right line and if any more clarifications needed.
    Attached Files

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
  • seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Today, 11:49 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
0 responses