No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tophat RNASeq mapping - right reads map and left reads map 50% less

Hi!
    I am trying to map RNA Seq (chick) with Tophat2 and I am getting low overall mapping rates (~30%). In the align_summary.txt file generated by Tophat2 - it appears that my right reads are mapping at over 90% whereas the left reads are mapping at 30%. This is happening to all but one sample.
    Has anyone ever encountered this or know how to resolve this?

This is the command I used:

tophat -p 8 -G gene_model.gtf -o Sample1 genome4 Sample1_1.fastq.gz Sample1_2.fastq.gz > Sample1.log 2>&1 &

Thanks in advance

Adi

Did you run fastQC (or any other QC software) on these reads?

Comment

Originally posted by dpryan View Post
      Did you run fastQC (or any other QC software) on these reads?
      Yes I ran FastQC. The Per base sequence quality is in the green zone for all of them. In some the right reads are slightly lower than the left, but not much.

The only other thing I notice with FastQC is that 'Sequence Duplication Levels' are very high (>=55.7%) . I don't know whether this could influence mapping though.

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses