Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to prep for miseq a 100kb continous region of DNA?

Hi all,

I also posted this on the Illumina thread since I didn't know in which section it should go, but here is the situation:

We are looking to sequence a 100 kb region of the human genome for 400 samples. We are not sure what is the current recommended method for amplifying a region of this size for illumina sequencing.

We are looking into Illumina Tru seq custom amplicon kit, but would this be possible to do with a more conventional long range pcr by designing primer for large regions (such as 20KB each), preping that DNA and then sending it off?

Any input would be of help.

Thanks

Hi,

I really doubt pcring out 20kb regions is optimal. Well, actually i doubt it will work that way at all - but thats just me. You will either have to make smaller amplicons, which will be tedious for a 100kb region.
    Have you thought about cloning them into BACs? I think thats a more relevant approach, at least from my point of view.

best,
    Elias

Comment

100kb is a tricky area to target at the moment... If you have a lot of DNA for your samples you could look into doing multiplexed sequence capture ie make barcoded libraries for each sample, pool x number of libraries together then do an agilent or nimblegen sequence capture, then HiSeq

Comment

Order a set of Lockdown probes from IDT. ~$15/probe. Works well enough for most applications.

IDT’s xGen™ Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) research tools and solutions power library prep, hybridization capture, amplicon seq, and whole exome and WGS.

*I'm a user, and have no financial interest in this product.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses