Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I recently upgraded to version 2.0 of SmartPortal. When I go to design new job, I see 3 SMRt cells available with different ID. Is there any way, I could delete this SMRT cells and re-import again as fresh?

My role is 'Scientist' and assigned to group 'all'.

Also, when I tried to run this with test data as mentioned at :

https://github.com/PacificBioscience...tallation-v2.0I got the error given in log file.

Please help with this.

Thanks
    Sagar

Thanks
    Sagar
    Last edited by sagarutturkar; 06-04-2013, 11:21 AM. Reason: File Attached

Comment

Attached log file here.

Comment

rhall provided an important pointer about SMRTanalysis v.2.0 which got our install of SMRTportal going with HGAP protocol.

The critical pointer was to make sure that the cluster nodes were also set up as submit hosts. I do not think that is explicitly mentioned in the install materials (at least it was not before).

Comment

Sagar, can you try posting the log file again?
          Thanks.

Comment

Hi rhall,

Thanks for your reply and providing the data. I am able to run the SMRTportal 2.0 now. I was able to run the HGAP and AHA. For our small Microbial Genomes, I have 1 SMRTcell sequenced which is around 25x coverage.

Genome 1 - CF80
            The AHA and HGAP failed, Log attached. I was able to run the AHA through command line (v 1.4) using same files (I used fastX toolkit to convert filtered_subreads.fastq file to fasta format and used existing assembly as reference.)

Genome 2 - BT
            I was able to run the HGAp. But the expected genome size was 11 MB and my assembly size is pretty small. What could be done to improve this.

Logs attached.

Thanks
            Sagar
            Attached Files

Comment

CF80, how old is this data? The long_ and strobe_ bas.h5 files do not contain any data, and as far as I know where never generate by the PacBio RS. Try removing these files and trying again.

BT, HGAP requires a minimum of ~70x of raw read coverage to assembly a complete genome. A rough calculation, I would estimate that you would need ~8 cells of data (with long insert size) to get a good assembly. On the new RSII this would be fewer, but still dependent on the library size.

Also note, you set an expected genome size of 5MB in the HGAp run.
              SMRT portal has a limit of 10MB for HGAP assemblies, it is possible to assembly up to 130MB using the command line SMRT Pipe.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses