SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to extract assembled transcript sequence from RNA-seq data instead of ref genome? lzu Bioinformatics 10 02-24-2014 12:56 AM
extra sequence following transcript in RNA-seq ? FLYINGDOLPHIN RNA Sequencing 5 11-14-2013 11:12 AM
Gene sequence from transcript sequence Phantom123 Bioinformatics 0 07-19-2012 08:07 AM
Why do I find the sequencing primer sequence in my data? soev Bioinformatics 2 11-17-2011 02:07 AM
How to trim the adaptor sequence from the solexa small RNA sequencing data? satp Bioinformatics 11 11-17-2010 01:08 PM

Old 01-21-2019, 10:23 AM   #1
the_august

Default Looking for the sequence of a particular transcript from sequencing data

First, let me tell you that I'm very new to the field of NGS and not much familiar with the set of tools commonly used for NGS data processing. However, I'm not new to Bioinformatics, and have quite some experience in Linux, Python, Perl , R etc.

I've to find out the sequence of a particular transcript from a set of mouse fastq files. I've extracted the sequence reads for this particular sequence using bbduk.sh of the bbmap package using the following command:

Code:
bbduk.sh  in=/me/clumpedSRA.fq.gz ref=/me/known_transcript.fasta k=13 outm=/me/knownT_reads_only.fastq
Can somebody tell me how to get the sequence of the transcript from this reads of the sequence of interest? Can any other tools from 'bbmap' be used?

Besides, I've access to Tophat and Trinity on a high performance cluster.

Thanks in advance
the_august is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbduk, bbmap, single transcript