No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bioscope single read BAM & Cufflinks

Dear Adam,
    I would like to know to what extend is the compatibility with bioscope bam files ?
    I produce BAM files with the single read pipeline, but Cufflinks still bother me with XS attribute.

It work if i add this specific column with the awk command found in this forum :
    Code:
    awk -F'\t' 'BEGIN { OFS="\t"} {if($2==16) {$(NF+1)="XS:A:-"; print $0,$(NF+1)} else {$(NF+1)="XS:A:+"; print $0,$(NF+1)}}' test.sam > test.sam2
    Thx for the support you provide in these forums
    Thibault

Proper support for SOLiD reads will be added to Cufflinks in the next couple of days. You will not need to alter the SAM file, but will simply use the option --library-type fr-secondstrand. I apologize for the slight delay in this new version, but we are trying to get a couple of other bug fixes in.

In the meantime, the command you mention should accomplish the same thing, but will not work for paired-end reads.

-Adam

Comment

Tried Cufflinks 0.9.3 with AB Bioscope 1.3 generated BAM file (SOLID 50x25 paired end reads).
      I used the --library-type fr-secondstrand parameter for the SOLID data.

Yet, Cufflinks seems to determine the read length wrong:
      "Read Type: 25bp paired-end" instead of 50 x 25

Re-tried it with 50 bp fragment data -> Cufflinks determines 25 bp

Rainer

Comment

I have the same message, cufflinks 092 and bioscope 1.2
        Maybe it is just a typing error with the message about read type.

Comment

Originally posted by tdm View Post
          Maybe it is just a typing error with the message about read type.
          I don't think that it comes from the read type. Same thing if you use other options for read type.

Rainer

Comment

From source code, its the minimum read length. There is also a maximum, but not displayed. I think it is alright.

Comment

Yes, tdm is correct. It was not set up for mixed read-lengths, but I will be changing (or removing) this message soon.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses