No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird confidence intervals from Cuffdiff

Hi All,

Something odd seems to be going on with an analysis I'm doing. I have run the tuxedo suite through to using cummerbund but am seeing some genes which have confidence intervals that do not encompass the FPKM value. The whole confidence interval is lower than the actual FPKM (see attached barplot last pair, and fourth from last pair of bars)

Any ideas what's going on here?

command line call and version info:
    Code:
     cuffdiff -o diff_out_NA_AA -b Bter_gDNA.fa -p 16 -L NA,AA -u merged_asm/merged.gtf ./tophat_out_CNA/accepted_hits.bam,./tophat_out_DNA/accepted_hits.bam,./tophat_out_ENA/accepted_hits.bam ./tophat_out_CAA/accepted_hits.bam,./tophat_out_DAA/accepted_hits.bam,./tophat_out_EAA/accepted_hits.bam 
    version	2.1.1
    SVN_revision	4046M
    boost_version	104900
    Attached Files

Apparently if you are using Cufflinks 2.1.1 the confidence intervals will be off due to an internal bug. But the actual FPKM values will still be correct.

Hence, I am still using Cufflinks 2.0.2, which from my knowledge does not have this problem.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Wow, really? Ugh.

Thanks for that. Can you point me to where you found that info or if you found some other work around? I guess it's not the end of the world to rerun it but it is annoying.

Comment

I read it on seqanswers: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39758

I was experiencing the same issues as you were by looking through the expression results from Cufflinks and was very concerned as to why confidence values were off.

Also when you continue on to Cuffmerge and Cuffdiff. Please use the same version ie.if you used 2.0.2 for Cufflinks then use 2.0.2 version for Cuffmerge and Cuffdiff. Likewise for Cufflink/Cuffmerge/Cuffdiff 2.1.1.

All the best with your project.

Comment

I searched and didn't see that. Thanks for pointing me to it. Fingers crossed that the next version arrives fairly quickly.

Comment

At the risk of hijacking my own thread. Does anyone know what's going on when the expression values are associated with more than one locus? eg. LOC100648144,LOC100648258 in the barplot? They are genes that are right next to one another.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses