SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Java library to manipulate VCF files binfoUser Bioinformatics 6 01-05-2016 12:32 PM
Convert VCF files to BCF files janaahan13 Bioinformatics 3 09-16-2015 05:47 AM
multiple vcf files to one multisampled vcf file Jetse Bioinformatics 2 06-27-2013 05:34 AM
vcf files merging marco12345 Bioinformatics 3 06-13-2013 05:30 AM
vcflib, a C++ library for reading and writing VCF files ekg Bioinformatics 0 09-29-2010 01:12 PM

Old 01-06-2016, 01:32 AM   #1
binfoUser

Default Using library htsjdk vcf files

I want to analyse VCF files that have annotations. I used programs like VEP to annotate the file and now I want to see and manipulate these annotations that are in the file.
I'm using a Java library htsjdk but until now I didn't find any method to manipulate one column (the annotations are added in the INFO column).

Can someone help?
binfoUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:34 AM   #2
lindenb

there is currently no automatic method to parse the ouptut of VEP. you need to find the description of the INFO field for VEP from the https://samtools.github.io/htsjdk/ja...VCFHeader.html ( getInfoHeaderLine("CSQ") )

Code:
##INFO=<ID=CSQ,Number=.,Type=String,Description="Consequence type as predicted by VEP. Format: Allele|Gene|Feature|Feature_type|Consequence|cDNA_position|CDS_position|Protein_position|Amino_acids|Codons|Existing_variation|DISTANCE|STRAND|SYMBOL|SYMBOL_SOURCE|HGNC_ID">
and then, using something like "variantContext.getAttribute("CSQ")" , get the CSQ strings and split the result.
lindenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:45 AM   #3
binfoUser

But the VCFHeader only access the file header and it gives me that line that you showed with id "CSQ". But now I want to extract the info added that is present in the data lines after the header.
I don't understand how to use the "variantContext.getAttribute("CSQ")" that you said. Does that give me that information?
binfoUser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annotation, htsjdk, java, vcf