No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• find error rate in Raw Read

Hi,
    How can i find the overall error rate of the Raw reads? and the rate of (substitutions, deletions and insertions)?
    how to do?
    Thanks

Look at @Brian's post (#18) here. You would either need a reference or you will have to assemble your data into a reference.

Comment

i used BBmap for mapping. it is a good tool?
      this is my result:
      Code:
         ------------------   Results   ------------------

Genome:                 1
      Key Length:             13
      Max Indel:              16000
      Minimum Score Ratio:    0.56
      Mapping Mode:           normal
      Reads Used:             108490  (52257243 bases)

Mapping:                4967.598 seconds.
      Reads/sec:              21.84
      kBases/sec:             10.52

Read 1 data:            pct reads       num reads       pct bases          num bases

mapped:                  29.4433%           31943        29.9910%           15672446
      unambiguous:             29.0607%           31528        29.6165%           15476766
      ambiguous:                0.3825%             415         0.3745%             195680
      low-Q discards:           0.0000%               0         0.0000%                  0

perfect best site:        0.0046%               5         0.0002%                126
      semiperfect site:         0.0046%               5         0.0002%                126

Match Rate:                   NA               NA        85.4575%           14050523
      Error Rate:              40.9037%           31938        14.5421%            2390951
      Sub Rate:                40.9024%           31937         7.2366%            1189814
      Del Rate:                40.7756%           31838         4.6777%             769083
      Ins Rate:                40.7103%           31787         2.6278%             432054
      N Rate:                   0.0013%               1         0.0003%                 55

Total time:             5126.959 seconds.
      in this example: the global error rate is 40.9024% or 14.5421%(per bases)?
      and for Sub, Del, Ins?
      thanks

Comment

BBMap is a great tool but it needs to be applied appropriately.

You need to provide additional information to get more. What kind of data is this, what are you mapping against, the command line options you used. BTW: You have only 30% of the reads mapping so that is low numbers to begin with (if you are mapping against a reference).

Comment

yes, I use my raw Reads for mapping to the reference.
          and i use the default parameters for BBmap.
          in this example: the global error rate is 40.9024% or 14.5421%(per bases)?
          and for Sub, Del, Ins?
          thanks

Comment

It appears that you did not read the post #18 in the thread that I linked above that tells how to plot the rates you are looking for.

If you are working with MinION or PacBio type data (long reads) then you should be using a mapPacBio.sh instead of bbmap.sh. That error rate may not be meaningful as it stands now.

To calculate the error rate (for long reads) you may have to do something like this:

Code:
            $ mapPacBio.sh in=your_reads.fa ref=ref.fa mhist=mhist.txt qhist=qhist.txt maxlen=2000
            @Brian is likely to swing by this thread later tonight (and may have specific suggestions). That example above was for PacBio data but I assume it may work for MinION data.

Comment

Well, I'm not really sure what those reads are, at an average length of ~481bp. Probably PacBio, though, considering the ~14.5% error rate.

As GenoMax said, you should map PacBio (or minIon) reads with mapPacBio.sh. The usage and algorithm are the same as bbmap.sh, but it is designed for the PacBio error model.

The error rates you want are in the "pct bases" column.

Comment

i work with MinION reads with an average lenght ~5000bp.
                For this i use mapPacBio.sh?

excuse me, for the error rate i work with "pct bases" column?
                thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mido1951 View Post
                  i work with MinION reads with an average lenght ~5000bp.
                  For this i use mapPacBio.sh?
                  Yes. And you may need to use higher-than-default sensitivity, if the data is particularly low quality; you can adjust sensitivity with the "minid" flag. E.g. "minid=0.5" will try to map reads down to 50% identity.

excuse me, for the error rate i work with "pct bases" column?
                  thanks
                  That's correct.

Comment

I used mapPacBio.sh and mapPacBio8k.sh.
                    but the execution takes a long time compared to bbmap.sh.
                    that's logic?

Comment

Yep, mapPacBio is slower, because it supports higher sensitivity and longer reads. Note that "mapPacBio8k.sh" is not in the latest release, so you may be using an older version that might also be somewhat slower.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                      • seqadmin
                        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                      0 responses