SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using RNASeq Data to Identify Differential RNA editing t.wieland RNA Sequencing 1 05-04-2017 07:29 AM
HTseq-count for antisense expression BacanBan RNA Sequencing 0 10-25-2012 06:47 AM
Differential Expression Best Practices ngsAnalytics RNA Sequencing 0 07-30-2012 07:59 AM
RNAseq and Differential Expression Marianna85 RNA Sequencing 1 07-12-2012 11:44 AM
Differential expression noe Bioinformatics 0 07-07-2010 05:16 PM

Old 11-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
antgomo

Default Bioinformatics protocols for differential RNAseq antisense expression

HI,

I am analyzing data coming form Illumina directional RNAseq procedure, in order to find antisense expression. I ran Tophat with the corresponding flag, --fr-secondstrand, following the instructions from this previous thread

http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9303

However is no defined how to deal with the bam files, I mean I got my two samples, and I don't know which algorithm is capable to deal with the XS:+/-. I read in the thread above tht htseq-counts from HTseq could help me to do with this, but people disagree if you must use --stranded=reverse or --stranded=no.

What I have done since now, in the typica RNAseq simple procedure is to load the bams int R using Shortreads and the use edgeR, DEseq or bayseq.

May I use HTSeq or cufflinks? And in which proper way to get the reads mapped to antisense strands?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by antgomo; 11-01-2012 at 05:42 PM.
antgomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:13 AM   #2
pbluescript

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgomo View Post
HI,

I am analyzing data coming form Illumina directional RNAseq procedure, in order to find antisense expression. I ran Tophat with the corresponding flag, --fr-secondstrand, following the instructions from this previous thread

http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9303

However is no defined how to deal with the bam files, I mean I got my two samples, and I don't know which algorithm is capable to deal with the XS:+/-. I read in the thread above tht htseq-counts from HTseq could help me to do with this, but people disagree if you must use --stranded=reverse or --stranded=no.

What I have done since now, in the typica RNAseq simple procedure is to load the bams int R using Shortreads and the use edgeR, DEseq or bayseq.

May I use HTSeq or cufflinks? And in which proper way to get the reads mapped to antisense strands?

Thanks in advance
You can use the bamtools filter option to specify a particular strand from the XS tag and get only reads that have that tag. Then you could use just the antisense reads for downstream quantification.
pbluescript is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antisense, directional rna-seq, htseq-count, rnaseq