Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGS library prep method for RRS/GBS/RADseq of degraded/ancient DNA?

Hi,

I am looking for the best NGS library prep method for RRS/GBS/RAD sequencing of degraded/low/template/ancient DNA ? Any good protocol available to genotype 5-10K SNPs in 100-200 inds reliably starting from already fragmented DNA ? Otherwise best SNP genotyping assay for such low qual DNA samples ?

Thanks

BG

Considering input DNA quantity and quality there are two options: 1- Illumina’s genotyping bead arrays. 2- For sequencing based approach preparing Illumina libraries using a low input kit followed by whole genome sequencing or a targeted capture approach (to reduce sequencing requirement). With current kits it is possible to perform capture with very low inputs (pg amount).

Comment

Thanks nucacidhunter. Well as I don't have an extensive list of SNPs for my species (some RAD data, but no good flanking regions... I might try a capture method as there is a draft genome (set of contigs/scaffold). What techniques would be cost-efficient ? I heard MyBaits would be good ? Thanks again

Comment

MyBaits are definitely cost effective and there are some published papers using their baits. For library prep I think ThruPlex DNA-seq could be good option if you have limited material. You may adapt the approach that has been described here: http://rubicongenomics.com/products/...x-dna-seq-kit/ to MyBaits capture protocol.

Comment

Looks promising indeed, how does this lib prep compare to the NEB Ultra DNA kit for instance ? Did you use it already ? Pricing ?

Comment

Originally posted by BioGenomics View Post
            Looks promising indeed, how does this lib prep compare to the NEB Ultra DNA kit for instance ? Did you use it already ? Pricing ?
            I have not used it, but reviewing manufacturer data, related patents and published literature indicates higher performance for this kit as claimed. Pricing is depend on kit size, as always with larger kits prices gets lower and it is pretty close to NEB kits price. I assume prices would be different depending on location.

Comment

This paper also seems interesting for your application: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...l.pone.0096793

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses