No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Hi everyone

I have a file 1 with a column of several NCBI ID's like NC_014251.1 and a file B with several lines containing ID's and the description, i want to generate a file C with my IDs from file 1 ans its description from file B

for one record i did this
    grep -w "NC_014251.1" ident_allbac160615.txt > NNSV15DNABNNSV15RNAB_R1R1q20allhg38nmIDsnum1.txt

but when i am trying to do it for all file A with
    grep -wf NNSV15DNABNNSV15RNAB_R1R1q20allhg38nmIDsnum.txt ident_allbac160615.txt > NNSV15DNABNNSV15RNAB_R1R1q20allhg38nmIDsnumA.txt

i am losing IDs and its order (from 34140 just 1440 ), any idea whats going on?

I will appreciate any help

Just as a side note, perhaps you should consider a more informative title for your post...

Comment

you can use the join command, below is a quick tutorial

Tutorial on using join, a UNIX and Linux command to join lines of two files on a common field. Examples of joining two files, sorting before joining, specifying a field separator and specifying the output format.

Comment

Hi everyone

This time i will try to be more clear, i am using grep to search a string on a file, individually works fine but now i have a file with a column of strings many of them are the same and the result is only one for those that are the same.

grep -wFf file_A Pattern_file > result

Like:

Pattern_file
        aQ2nVEJb
        aQ2nVEJb
        DFGTYHDF
        aQ2nVEJb

file_A
        aQ2nVEJb 12
        DFGTYHDF 15
        sdfgRTYH 18

The result is
        DFGTYHDF 15
        aQ2nVEJb 12

I would like this
        aQ2nVEJb 12
        aQ2nVEJb 12
        DFGTYHDF 15
        aQ2nVEJb 12

Any idea how to solve this?

Tks

Comment

I'm not sure if grep does duplicates so I don't know how to do it in grep. However if you do this it will work:
          Code:
          sort pattern_file > pattern_file_sorted
          sort file_a > file_a_sorted
          join pattern_file_sorted file_a_sorted > results
          You will get the list you are after.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses