No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roche FLX Software Problem

Folks-

Since the December upgrade to the FLX on-instrument and off-instrument software, we cannot make the off-instrument software run properly.

In particular, the FLX software cannot find a utility named "gstat." I found a geophysical statistical program called gstat and installed it, but it is an interactive program -- not what was needed.

Does anybody know what the gstat package is, and where I might get it? We never have needed it in the past. I don't know why we need it now.

Thanks,

Mike Mitchell

Hi Mike,

Originally posted by Mike Mitchell View Post
    Folks-

Since the December upgrade to the FLX on-instrument and off-instrument software, we cannot make the off-instrument software run properly.

In particular, the FLX software cannot find a utility named "gstat." I found a geophysical statistical program called gstat and installed it, but it is an interactive program -- not what was needed.

Does anybody know what the gstat package is, and where I might get it? We never have needed it in the past. I don't know why we need it now.

You are running a cluster?

cheers,
    Sven

Comment

More On FLX Problem

Originally posted by sklages View Post
      Hi Mike,

You are running a cluster?

cheers,
      Sven
      Folks-

We are running both a cluster and un-clustered dual quad core Xeon computers.

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

Folks-

We are running both a cluster and un-clustered dual quad core Xeon computers.

Thanks,

Mike
        Hmm, seems to be "part" of the support tool ...

It has been already there in former versions of the Roche software, but the roche "script maintainers" have decided to expect 'gstat' now in '/opt/bin', for god knows whatever reasons ...
        So maybe changing back '/opt/bin/gstat' to a simple 'gstat' in the corresponding script (gsTiCluster.sh?) or cfg file may help if 'gstat' is installed (but it probably is).

cheers,
        Sven

Comment

More Information

Folks-

This is the first time we have run any FLX processing since the December
          update of the FLX software.

I cannot find that we have ever has a program named gstat on any of the machines we use for FLX processing.

We are ONLY running FLX in a non-cluster environment on dual-quad-core Dell servers running RHEL. We set the MULTI option to run the analysis on all 8 cores of the server. Maybe the newer software expects to be running on a cluster? that is a Roche-supplied cluster? I don't know.

The actual data set we are working with is from last September. The user wants an "amplicons" work up. So I have done a clean install of version 2.0.01.12p1 of the FLX software on one of the old, now unused, IPARs.

We are trying that out right now.

Has anyone else tried NOT running the new FLX software on a cluster?

Thanks,

Mike Mitchell

Comment

We have been running the new (2.3) software for a while now on our cluster without a problem. gstat is installed in /usr/local/bin and has been since the cluster was configured years ago (as noted above it is part of the Ganglia Cluster Monitoring tool). I have also run the gsSupport tool under the new software without problems.

Comment

Folks-
              We are trying that out right now.

Thanks,

Mike Mitchell
              If you are not running on a cluster, you should check if GS_LAUNCH_MODE is *really* correctly set:

Code:
              GS_LAUNCH_MODE=MULTI
              We do run the software on 32/48 core servers, no cluster environment, and I could not find any problem as you described (and we definitely have not installed gstat :-))

If GS_LAUNCH_MODE is correctly set we should analyze what you are running, AFAIK gstat is *only* invoked when run in cluster environment.

cheers,
              Sven

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses