No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with rfam_scan.pl

I ran the program, but got the following error (in bold):

robin@robin-Aspire-3810T:~/Downloads$ perl rfam_scan.pl -o test4h --nobig /home/robin/Downloads/Rfam.cm /home/robin/Downloads/4hLong.fastaWARN: No BLAST database specified. Your search may be extremely slow.
    Also, the model-specific global/local mode is not used, therefore
    curated Rfam thresholds may not be meaningful.
    Use of uninitialized value $rfamid in hash element at rfam_scan.pl line 276, <GEN1> line 988228.
    Died at rfam_scan.pl line 281, <GEN1> line 988228.

Any idea?

I just had the same error. Did you ever get this figured out and running properly?

Comment

Same error. What is it about the sequence format some lost N or what?

Comment

Ok. So I finally got back to this. It seems it is failing due to the wrong Infernal version. You must have Infernal-1.0.2 for the script to run. I removed Infernal1.1.1 and then installed version 1.0.2 and the rfam_scan.pl script seems to run fine after that.

Comment

The original script from last version of RFAM_v11 (rfam_scan.pl) is wrong. Due to it does not change some options than works in the last infernal software v1.0 but it is not update for infernal v1.1. For example, my rfam is blocked when the cmsearch are working. And /tmp you can see why cmsearch file is stop. The first time was because the option "--tabfile" instead of "--tblout" or "--ga" instead of "--cut_ga". Although the last option changed (--cut_ga) work neither. A new error appear "Error: Format tag is 'HMMER3/f': unrecognized or not supported."

In sum up, You have to explore the rfam_scan with infernal 1.0. I guess.
          Last edited by okapick; 09-14-2014, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses