No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by severin View Post
    Hi everyone,

Eco mentioned that someone might have a complete postdump as an SQL file of all the forums. I would like to generate a few tag clouds of some of forums for a poster I will be present in a few weeks. Can someone hook me up with this file? [email protected]
    Originally posted by marcowanger View Post
    BTW, I am not sure if ECO mind sharing the SQL dump not for the publication of SEQanswers. I think it would be better let him give the green light here or let him know?
    Andrew, you have email.

Marco...as always, thanks for looking out for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by robs View Post
      We could include those numbers in parenthesis if you think it will be useful.
      raw data included in NOTES section. And the claim is down-tuned according to the data (see the text for the changes made)
      Marco

Comment

• Do you mind posting the current status of the article? This thread is still viewed by other people and we didn't post updates for the last days. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by robs View Post
          Do you mind posting the current status of the article? This thread is still viewed by other people and we didn't post updates for the last days. Thanks!
          Hi robs. Agree.

The MS is under unofficial review by 3 David's friends. 2 of them are clinical scientists / clinician.

For anyone interested, please take a look here

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4125508/SEQa...11229.2.OR.pdf
          Marco

Comment

• Sorry for the delay, the manuscript has been email to everyone. Perhaps someone (Marco?) can take the lead integrating comments/suggestions back into GDoc so we can continue to revise. I think the key things we need to do are:

1. Remove citations to websites. In most cases the citation was not necessary anyways and if it really is, we should find a peer-review citation.
            2. Mention the 30+ papers that cited SEQanswers right way in the abstract.
            3. Focus on the community. Its size and the members, of which many are key developers of software and methods for analyzing HTS data.

There are some word usage issues and a need to formalize the tone a bit, but I think we should be done soon. I would be in favor of writing the clearest and most concise abstract possible (~100 words). I will work on this today.

Comment

• Originally posted by genericforms View Post
              Sorry for the delay, the manuscript has been email to everyone. Perhaps someone (Marco?) can take the lead integrating comments/suggestions back into GDoc so we can continue to revise. I think the key things we need to do are:

1. Remove citations to websites. In most cases the citation was not necessary anyways and if it really is, we should find a peer-review citation.
              2. Mention the 30+ papers that cited SEQanswers right way in the abstract.
              3. Focus on the community. Its size and the members, of which many are key developers of software and methods for analyzing HTS data.

There are some word usage issues and a need to formalize the tone a bit, but I think we should be done soon. I would be in favor of writing the clearest and most concise abstract possible (~100 words). I will work on this today.
              no problem. Thanks.
              Marco

Comment

• Job forum tag cloud

Originally posted by Joann View Post
                How about also posting your poster here for us when it is complete and you have presented it? I am sure we are an interested audience.
                For anyone that was interested in seeing the poster and the cloud tag I generated from the job forums. You can download it here.

The Genome Informatics Facility transforms raw data into informative data; analyzing the genetic code of plants, animals, and bacteria.

Comment

• I like this poster and the tag cloud looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• SEQanswers published!

Published online Mar. 13, 2012

Comment

• Massive congratulations everyone!
                      Homepage: Dan Bolser
                      MetaBase the database of biological databases.

Comment

• Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                        • seqadmin
                          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post seqadmin  
                        Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                        0 responses