Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems using Bustard basecalling

I am trying to run manual basecalling on a sample with high initial cluster intensity, but the intensity suddenly drops off. I heard using that changing the martix-cycles option.

I ran the following command:
    /path to bustard/bustard.py / /path to sequence run/Data/Intensities --CIF --matrix-cycles=6 --maxcycle=57 --with-seq --make

and make once again in the bustard folder created.

I run into an error 4 issue where a .dif2 file cannot be found.

Code:
    Controls reported in /location to seq run/Data/Intensities/Bustard1.9.4_18-04-2013_administrator/Temp/s_1_1101_controls.csv
    callBases: /location to software/OLB-1.9.4/c++/basecalling/CycleReader.cpp: ga::basecalling::BaseCycleReader::BaseCycleReader(const std::vector<boost::filesystem::basic_path<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, boost::filesystem::path_traits>, std::allocator<boost::filesystem::basic_path<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, boost::filesystem::path_traits> > >&, bool): line 52: 2013-Apr-18 19:18:49: No such file or directory: File /location to seq run/Data/Intensities/Bustard1.9.4_18-04-2013_administrator/L001/C1.1/s_1_1101.dif2 does not exist
    make: *** [Temp/s_1_1101.flag] Error 4

I was wondering what I was doing wrong

Thanks

What sequencer type has been used? GAIIx,HiSeq,MiSeq ..?

CIF files are available? Quite a few people don't store CIFs due to storage capacity problems.

When does this error occur (after make file parsing, which takes a while)?

Can you put the complete make output somewhere? Often there is an error occurring earlier in the make process ..

Did bustard.py spit out any error/warning?

Btw., you probably won't need '--with-seq'. You will convert from BCL to fastq afterwards I think ..

Comment

HiSeq was used. The CIF files are still available.
      I think this error occurs after make file parsing.
      The only warning from earlier is "not enough clusters to estimate phasing". I will re-run the command to get the entire output. So far, I only took a screenshot of the error..I should have a text output by later today.

Last edited by navd; 04-19-2013, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I hope you are already talking with Illumina tech support about this. If not, then you should.

For something like this posting screen shots/including bits of log files may not help us get you the solution since the actual error may be located somewhere else in the log file.

What version of CASAVA are you using BTW?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses