Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another stupid question about dindel

Hello, I'm running the stage 3 of dindel now. On stage 2 it generated hundreds realign_window.n.txt files. Does it mean I have to run all of them on stage 3 to get hundreds of the output_windows.glf.txt files?

Also when I merge the files on stage 4, it says warning: file msg does not exist! what does this mean?
    Thank you!

That's correct, you run "dindel --analysis indels" once for each file (if you know a bit of shell-scripting you can easily automate this), and it generates one output file per input file.

Regarding stage 4, see this thread for some discussion: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8301

Comment

hi gaffa,

thank you very much for your reply. however, regarding stage 4, the problem is still not solved. so I created a file run1_outputfiles.txt, with the following lines:

/path/sample_output_windows.1.glf.txt
      /path/sample_output_windows.2.glf.txt
      /path/sample_output_windows.3.glf.txt

Then in unix, I typed
      python mergeOutputDiploid.py --inputFiles /path/run1_outputfiles.txt \--outputFile variantCalls.VCF --ref /path/ref.fa

but it is telling me File /path/sample_output_windows.1.glf.txt does not exit.
      .Aborting.
      An error occurred!

I'm so confused. Did I miss anything?

Thank you so much for your help!

Comment

Hello, problem solved! It was funny because I basically typed the same thing! But this time it's working. Big thanks!

Comment

Automating dindel stage 3

If it s helpful to any non-coders, I wrote a mini perl script to batch analyse all the windows.
          Just change the number of windows to reflect the number you made. You'll need to change the file names etc in the command line too of course.

Code:
          #!/usr/bin/perl

$i = 1;
          $no_of_windows = 44;

while ($i <= $no_of_windows) {

`dindel-1.01-linux-64bit --analysis indels --doDiploid --bamFile ../TB_stampy_sorted.bam --ref NC_002516.fa --varFile windows/TB.realign_windows.$i.txt --libFile TB.dindel.libraries.txt --outputFile TB.realign_output.windows.$i.txt`;
          	$i = $i + 1;
          }
          Last edited by colindaven; 03-10-2011, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Hi! I was trying to use your perl script but did not work. I am not vey good in perl, so could be my mistake. But I changed the file names and the number of windows, which in my case is 78.
            I had the error message

Global symbol "$i" requires explicit package name at dindel.pl line 4.
            Global symbol "$no_of_windows" requires explicit package name at dindel.pl line 5.
            Global symbol "$i" requires explicit package name at dindel.pl line 7.
            Global symbol "$no_of_windows" requires explicit package name at dindel.pl line 7.
            Global symbol "$i" requires explicit package name at dindel.pl line 9.
            Global symbol "$i" requires explicit package name at dindel.pl line 9.
            Global symbol "$i" requires explicit package name at dindel.pl line 10.
            Global symbol "$i" requires explicit package name at dindel.pl line 10.
            Execution of dindel.pl aborted due to compilation errors.

What could be the error?
            Thanks

Comment

Hi Clarissa,

I wouldn't recommend Dindel at all, we did not get anything out of it at all.

But if you want to keep trying, it seems your perl installation requires strictly defined variables by default.

Try this
              my($i) = 1;
              my($no_of_windows) = 44;

Comment

Thanks, I changed the script and it is working now.
                But why do you not recommend Dindel??
                I trying to identify indels, and I used before Samtools/mpileup, but some people say that Dindel is better, so I am currently running some analysis to see the differences with Samtools.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses