No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error in MIREAP

Hello.

I'm trying to run MIREAP to predict novel miRNAs in my dataset.
    However, when I run the script, the following message appears:

Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at ./bin/mireap.pl line 714.

When I run the test file, the message does not appear and the result are correct. So I'm guessing the problem is my input data and not the script itself.

One of my guessing is the read fasta file, which, according to the READ ME file, has to contain collapsed reads with modified read_ID (>t0000001 15, >t0000002 45, and so on). My file does not follow exactly this example (mine is >rr1 15, >rr2 45, and so on) because I did not find a script to do that. Does any one know a script for doing the exactly same read_ID?

Or does any one know what the problem might be, if not this one?

I would appreciate any feedback.

Kind regards,

Vinicius

I have problem with mireap's mapping file. In mireap, i do not understand -m (map.txt) option. mireap is using for novel mirna prediction. I am not able to understand which software generate this file(map.txt). I do not understand the format of file.Can you please explain.

Comment

I know the question is very old, but still want to reply for future users.

You need to generate the map.txt file by mapping ur microRNA reads to ur genome or transcriptome using bowtie or some other tool.

I did mapping using mapper.pl script from mirdeep2 software module.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses