No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cfDNA fragmentation to short molecules

Dear All,

I'm trying to find fragmentation conditions for cfDNA shearing to obtain 35-50 bp distribution. I started with overdue Ion Shear kit, which I found in fridge and got expected results (Ion shear.pdf) on cfDNA model (mix of 100-300 bp amplicons) - 50 ng input.

Then my NEB fragmentase was delivered. After a series of experiments I have no traces in 35-60 bp range. It looks like NEB enzyme mix is too active and fragment DNA directly to ~20-35 bp pieces that are washed on column step. I tried to decrease MgCl2 concentration in reaction (attached NEB fragm.pdf - wells 1-10: 0-10 mM is MgCl2 added to reaction, 10-30-60 minutes of incubation), but there is no sufficient difference in traces. I use NEB fragmentase buffer v2. It has BSA and 15 mM MgCl2 concentration instead of no BSA and 10 mM MgCl2 in v1.
    Also I tried to change buffer and prepared one without MgCl2. I fixed incubation time and added different MgCl volume to obtain final concentrations from 0 to 10 mM ("custom buffer.pdf" wells 1-4).

It looks like NEB's nuclease, which cut nicked DNA is too active. Do you have any ideas how to decrease it's activity? I'm guided by this article http://genome.cshlp.org/content/earl....full.pdf+html
    and can't obtain same results as in publication on gDNA too (SMASH2 method).
    Attached Files

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses