Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused by all the 1000 Genomes fastq files

I would like to get data from the main 1000 Genomes project (not just the pilot project). I would like to get exome fastq files. I go to their ftp site here (in this case to get data for NA11843):

ftp://ftp-trace.ncbi.nih.gov/1000gen...sequence_read/

I see a ton of fastq files in here and I'm having trouble figuring out what is what. Are any of these exome capture data, and if so, which ones? I've dug around a lot trying to find this information, but somehow I just can't find it. I assume that there must be exome data in here, in part because this same person has alignment files in this path:

ftp://ftp-trace.ncbi.nih.gov/1000gen...ome_alignment/

Thank you.

Eric

exome alignment

Hi
    In my opinion, maybe you can find the data on the site:
    ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1/ftp/data/NA*****/exome alignment.

Hope to be helpful for you.

Comment

Our sequence data and all associated meta data is described in our sequence index file

ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1/ftp/sequence.index

This file is described in

ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1....sequence_data

The column you will be most interested in is 26 which describes the analysis group a run belongs to. All lanes labelled with exome are part of the exome sequencing project

Comment

Thanks so much. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Eric

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses