Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRA to FASTQ

hi folks i have to do the transcriptome analysis using illumina sequencing so could you please tell me ho to convert the sra file into fastQ formate

You should think about moving your question somewhere else, as the topic is by no means related to your question...

Comment

Originally posted by ulz_peter View Post
      You should think about moving your question somewhere else, as the topic is by no means related to your question...
      Moved, good catch.

Comment

fastq-dump

Originally posted by ramashankar16 View Post
        hi folks i have to do the transcriptome analysis using illumina sequencing so could you please tell me ho to convert the sra file into fastQ formate

Comment

The mentioned program is part of the SRA Toolkit and can be found here:

Help on how to use the fastq-dump can be found here:

Good luck!

Comment

Hi there. I have been using the SRA toolkit and have had no trouble using the fastq-dump tool but I have also been trying to get the SRA files into SFF format to use sff_extract for use with MIRA3 assembler. Unfortunately I can't get it to work and as a complete novice (both with bioinformatics and LINUX) working more or less alone on this I would really appreciate any help if anyone has used it. Any alternate approaches would also be appreciated for assebling and analysis of 454 EST data.
            Thanks, seenstevo

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
            • seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
            0 responses