|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Senior Manager of Genome Technologies at The Jackson Laboratory||dhinerfeld||Academic/Non-Profit Jobs||0||08-27-2013 05:07 PM|
|07-21-2016, 12:28 AM||#1|
Join Date: May 2016
Perrigo is seeking a Laboratory Manager in Devon, UK
About Our Client
The Laboratory Manager will be based at Perrigo's market leading OTC Manufacturing site based in the heart of the picturesque County of Devon. They are a leading global health-care supplier that develops, manufactures and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), as well as receives royalties from Multiple Sclerosis drug Tysabri®. The company is the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market and an industry leader in pharmaceutical technologies. They supply primarily in North America, Europe, and Australia, as well as other key markets including Israel and China.
The site has been earmarked for $15,000,000.00 investment, including upgrades to the Laboratory.
The Laboratory Manager will be responsible to the Head of Quality and Compliance for chemical analysis and microbiological testing of all finished goods, in-process, stability samples, raw materials, environment and physical inspection of components as required.
As well as managing all the activities of the analytical, stability and microbiology laboratories. You will also be expected to drive improvements to the processes and create an environment of continuous improvement. You will need to help develop the team through advice and training programmes. You will need to drive performance within the department to maintain the companies world class reputation and find competitive edge wherever possible.
You will be representing the Laboratory to the wider business which will give you the opportunity to work with other departments and stakeholders within and beyond the Organisation and Laboratory.
The Successful Applicant
The Laboratory Manager will have an exceptional track record in building great teams and developing people and will translate strategy into a series of key activities that will deliver the objective.
You will be able to lead and drive departmental change. You will not be afraid to challenge the status quo. You will be results driven and process orientated with excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Good communication and team leadership and participation skills are essential for working within a busy multi-disciplinary environment.
- Confident to communicate with personnel from all departments within the Company, with Contract Givers, Auditors and with - Regulatory Authorities.
- Problem solving and risk assessment abilities required.
- BSc in scientific discipline, ideally Chemistry, or equivalent level qualification.
- With pharmaceutical laboratory experience of which approximately two years should have been at Supervisor level or similar. Although experience within other labs will be considered.
- Must be willing to develop self through development programmes and meet pre-defined training requirements.
- Understanding of manufacturing techniques such as CI and lean will be beneficial.
What's on Offer
£50-55k plus 8k expenses for relocation, pension and a bonus.
Apply for this job: https://express.candarine.com/campai...d/59cff073b30c