SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Illumina/Solexa Genome Analyzer Primer/Adapter Sequences ECO Illumina/Solexa 145 05-30-2016 07:05 AM
trim adapter from Illumina Genome Analyzer IIe miRNA reads NicoBxl Bioinformatics 5 01-02-2014 05:31 AM
Illumina Adapter and Primer preparation S.Iyengar Sample Prep / Library Generation 7 11-04-2013 07:08 AM
primer/adapter sequences nikiwilson Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 06-21-2011 01:36 PM
what's the different between Illumina Genome Analyzer biocc Illumina/Solexa 3 06-03-2010 11:28 PM

Old 08-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
kaichen

Default A clarification for Illumina/Solexa Genome Analyzer Primer/Adapter Sequences

In the sticky thread "Illumina/Solexa Genome Analyzer Primer/Adapter Sequences", the 3rd reply of horigen tried to make people understand the sequence of adapter better, however, it misleaded people quite much. Actually, I spent almost 6 month to figure out it was totally wrong and find out the truth.
The Oligos provided by Illumina are just the right sequences, you need not order any more complemental oligo as horigen indicated.
The following figure is a schematic I made for preparing single-end sequence sample.
Wish not so many people spent the same time as me on the same mistake.
I also suggest delete the 3rd reply to prevent further misleading.
Kai
Attached Images
File Type: jpg single-end.jpg (91.6 KB, 409 views)
kaichen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
ECO
--Site Admin--

Hey kaichen,

What was the exact problem you encountered or what is wrong with horigen's post(s)? If there is indeed a problem it would be helpful to post within that sticky thread to make sure the problem is noted and corrected.

Your diagram seems to be missing 5' phosphates on the inserts...it doesn't really make a difference as written but I figured you'd want to change it.
ECO is offline   Reply With Quote