SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Normalization methods in cuffdiff 2.02 drKM Bioinformatics 0 02-05-2013 10:43 PM
identical results from different normalization methods in cuffdiff v2.0.2? discrim RNA Sequencing 0 09-21-2012 12:30 AM
ChIP-Seq: A normalization strategy for comparing tag count data. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 04-06-2012 05:00 AM

Old 08-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
greener

Default Different normalization methods with count data

Hello folks, Quick question. I have RNAseq count data sets which I would like to analyze together. Experimentall they are similair they only differ by their depths of coverage . One set has about 30 million reads and the other has about 70 million. When you look at these files in an MDS plot you can see they are clearly different. Can anyone recommend a good aggressive normalization technique? Something similar to combat? I have tried the built in ones in DEseq and EDGER but would like to use one that's slightly more aggressive. Any suggestions are appreciated .thanks
-Rich
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:05 AM   #2
dpryan
Devon Ryan

Is it just the size normalization that's not really working sufficiently for you or are there other batch effects that you need to address (you mentioned combat, so I wonder about that)? It'd be helpful if you provided some more details and preferably a plot or two to demonstrate what's functioning poorly. You'll likely receive a higher quality of feedback then
dpryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:27 AM   #3
Simon Anders

An MDS plot on raw count data is very unlikely to give any useful information. You should not use it for this purpose.
Simon Anders is offline   Reply With Quote