|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Staff / Principal SAP Business Solution Analyst, Quote-to-Cash / Service-to-Support||Pacific Biosciences||Industry Jobs!||0||09-01-2016 01:27 PM|
|Staff / Principal SAP Business Solution Analyst, Finance and Accounting||Pacific Biosciences||Industry Jobs!||0||09-01-2016 09:56 AM|
|Senior SAP Business Analyst – SD||Pacific Biosciences||Industry Jobs!||0||06-03-2016 07:15 AM|
|Business Analyst/Bioinformatician||eandrade||Academic/Non-Profit Jobs||0||07-08-2014 09:44 AM|
|11-01-2016, 09:01 AM||#1|
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Join Date: Oct 2008
Principal Business Analyst
The Principal Business Analyst supports the Pacific Biosciences business units by driving continual improvement of the business processes, capabilities, and recommending solutions to support them.
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
This role functions as a strategic partner to the business and is responsible for evangelizing, modeling, documenting, and training on current and developing business processes and capabilities within SAP, Salesforce, ADP, Concur, Taleo, Compliance Wire, Camstar, ClickView, and related business applications. A deep understanding and continual improvement of the end to end business processes and how they are implemented in process and solutions is a key requirement for this role.
• Researches and provide best practice recommendations with a focus on end-to-end capabilities and impact to KPIs.
• Lead the study of business goals & system needs and design of innovative solutions. Ensure the ongoing alignment of business architecture.
• Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications. Understands when to recommend changes to a business process / policy / solutions.
• Partner with business process owners to develop solution proposals, define scope, present business cases, and gain consensus.
• Lead process modeling workshops and design with a contribution to policy changes.
• Lead sessions to elicit, analyze, and document business requirements.
• Translate business requirements into functional requirements specification, workflow, cross-functional dependencies.
• Exercise leadership capabilities and oversee the execution of projects.
• Lead collaborative system design with the business units. Follow business development processes that ensure the solution meets the agreed upon business requirements while creatively leveraging standard capabilities and procedures where possible.
• Ensures a focus on worker’s information needs driving high level of usability and data quality.
• Prepares visuals to communicate and gain buy-in on pain points, recommendations and the solutions roadmap.
• Must have overarching business process and solution design experience in the SAP FICO, MM, PP, SD modules.
• Maintains active communication with business users and stakeholders to manage expectations regarding changes to the system and the introduction of new and enhanced functionality.
Preferred Educational Background:
• BS/BA in Accounting or similar
• Experience at an enterprise-level business process and solution architecture.
• Extensive background (10 plus yrs) in all areas of SAP and Salesforce in a manufacturing environment.
• Revenue recognition experience a plus
• Must have experience with enterprise analysis including development of solution proposals and creation of business cases.
• Must work collaboratively with peers across functional domains for integrated process design.
• Strategic thinker who skillfully applies a critical, analytic approach.
• Experience with business process improvement techniques and methodologies.
• Exceptional analytical, planning, organizational, and problem solving abilities.
• A motivational person who can guide and influence project stakeholders, building consensus that leads to an outcome.
• Expertise in requirements gathering, process flows, data modeling and integration mapping.
• Strong ability to present ideas and information in group settings. Has the ability to persuade, negotiate, and facilitate conflict resolution.
• Demonstrated experience in testing and test planning.
• Exceptional customer service orientation and collaboration skills.
• Experience with requirement management & testing in FDA regulated environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills that non-technical end users can understand.
• Experience or understanding of business processes for Life Sciences industries preferred.
• Practical experience in driving change and leading continuous improvement efforts
• Experience with gap analysis and roadmap/blueprint development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.