|11-07-2016, 10:48 AM||#1|
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Join Date: Oct 2008
The Accountant is a hands on position responsible for the general accounting activities of the company in accordance with GAAP including month-end-close, revenue accounting and financial reporting. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain the General Ledger including sub-ledgers
• Perform monthly closing process including posting journal entries and account reconciliations
• Perform detailed revenue reconciliations for product, service and collaboration revenue, including detailed contract review and revenue allocation based on BESP
• File VAT returns
• Work with AP accountants and reconcile international subsidiaries
• Work with Operations team to reconcile cash, accounts receivable and other related accounts
• Responsible for monthly financial reporting and ensure timely and accurate metrics to the management team
• Assist with annual financial external audits and external reporting requirements
• Ensure compliance with internal controls and SOX 404 requirements
• Undertake projects relating to process improvement both from a business standpoint and system related
• B.S./B.A. Business or Accounting preferred.
• Experiences in revenue accounting (ASC 605) and lease accounting preferred.
• CPA (or passed all parts of the CPA exam).
• 3-5 years of experience in mid-size company as an Accountant or 2-4 years of public accounting experience at a Big 4.
• Ability to work well in a dynamic, results oriented and cross-functional team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are crucial.
• Must have strong work ethic.
• Initiative a must.
SAP, Advanced Excel
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Last edited by Pacific Biosciences; 11-16-2016 at 04:06 PM.