Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WGS and RNA-seq integrated in analysis of expression

I need to find some publications about an analysis of the diversity of gene expression based on WGS and RNA-Seq.

I would like to sequent the genome and the transtriptome (a sample of liver tissue and muscle tissue) in three individuals of pig. So I will have a 6 samples in RNA-Seq and 3 samples of WGS. I would like to explain differences in expression. Research will be based on WGS and RNA-Seq. Do you know articles about similar issues? Or any other proposition how to use a WGS and RNA-Seq together to do research about expression analysis?

I don't know any articles but it sounds to me like you're going to have to use these steps:
    1. use the WGS to assemble the genome
    2. align RNA-Seq to the assembled genome using an RNA-Seq aligner like STAR
    3. use Stringtie or Cufflinks to estimate transcript models from the aligned reads for each RNA-Seq sample
    4. merge the individual transcriptome assemblies with cuffmerge (if you used cufflinks) or Stringtie --merge (if you used stringtie)
    5. quantify each RNA-Seq sample's expression against the merged annotation (there are many options for this)
    6. Do differential expression testing in R using one of the many programs (DESeq2, edgeR, etc).

Is there a reason why you cannot just align and quantify your RNA-Seq against the current Pig genome and gene annotations (susScr3)? Regardless, as a control I'd recommend doing that first so you can sanity check the de-novo pipeline.
    /* Shawn Driscoll, Gene Expression Laboratory, Pfaff
    Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA, USA */

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses