Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P5/P7 Flowcell Oligos

I apologize if this has been hashed out already, but I cannot seem to find any definitive documentation which describes whether the flowcell oligos are P5 and P7, or the complements. I know Illumina considers this information proprietary so it's not immediately obvious to me. I am wondering whether or not an excess of free P5 and P7 custom PCR primer (not dimer) would bind to the flowcell. I understand why dimers (which amplify and thus contain both P5/complement to P5, etc) would bind to the flowcell, but what about just these oligos?

My primers are:
    SLXP5_PCR - AATGATACGGCGACCACCGAG
    SLXP7_PCR - CAAGCAGAAGACGGCATACGAG

Anybody have a good, clear resource on this?

Thanks in advance!

Those oligos will not bind to flow cell oligo lawn but may bind to library strands reducing their effective concentration resulting in under clustering. Flow cell oligos for SE and PE flow cells are as following:

PE: 5’-PS-TTTTTTTTTT---------AATGATACGGCGACCACCGAGAUCTACAC-3’
    SE: 5’-PS-TTTTTTTTTT-(diol)3-AATGATACGGCGACCACCGA-3

PE: 5’-PS-TTTTTTTTTTCAAGCAGAAGACGGCATACGAGoxoAT-3’
    SE: 5’-PS-TTTTTTTTTTCAAGCAGAAGACGGCATACGA-3

Comment

This is very handy, thank you! May I ask how you figured out these sequences?
      Jen

Originally posted by nucacidhunter View Post
      Those oligos will not bind to flow cell oligo lawn but may bind to library strands reducing their effective concentration resulting in under clustering. Flow cell oligos for SE and PE flow cells are as following:

PE: 5’-PS-TTTTTTTTTT---------AATGATACGGCGACCACCGAGAUCTACAC-3’
      SE: 5’-PS-TTTTTTTTTT-(diol)3-AATGATACGGCGACCACCGA-3

PE: 5’-PS-TTTTTTTTTTCAAGCAGAAGACGGCATACGAGoxoAT-3’
      SE: 5’-PS-TTTTTTTTTTCAAGCAGAAGACGGCATACGA-3

Comment

I have got it somewhere from a google search years ago, so the base modification may not be applicable to two colour chemistry or patterned flow cells. I think the sequences are still the same as old and new adapters share flow cell binding motives and when library fragments are shorter than cycle number a long stretch of A after adapter sequences are observed that are complementary to T homopolymer.

Comment

Originally posted by jlove View Post
          This is very handy, thank you! May I ask how you figured out these sequences?
          Jen
          This is very helpful. May I ask what does oxo stand for in the sequence?

Comment

I is oxoadenine (oxoA).

Comment

Originally posted by nucacidhunter View Post
              I is oxoadenine (oxoA).
              Thank you!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses