Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OneTouch impressions? ningwang Ion Torrent 7 12-15-2011 07:10 PM
OneTouch impression wildung Ion Torrent 7 10-03-2011 01:28 PM
PGM reagents and OneTouch ship date HMorrison Ion Torrent 4 09-26-2011 12:46 AM

Old 06-27-2012, 04:23 AM   #1
HMorrison

Default OneTouch and ES available

PGM users:

We have a OneTouch and ES (also Guava, preconfigured Qubit2, and various reagents and supplies) for sale; any reasonable offer considered. Have decided to cut our losses with the PGM.
HMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
RonanC

Hey there,

Out of curiosity why have you decided to drop the ion torrent? We just got one so I'm curious to see what you didn't like about it?

Thanks,

Ronan.
RonanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
HMorrison

Default Update

We wanted to use it for ribosomal RNA amplicon analysis (or other molecular marker analysis by amplicon sequencing). It has too high an error rate for this purpose and is too expensive and labor intensive for the amount of data we got. I am serious about selling the items; they are [NOT] going up on eBay [except for the Guava].

Update: Apparently this is not allowed, at least for the IT parts. "There are fairly standard resell restrictions in the product terms and conditions"... and I found this thread about one of you trying to sell some unused chips http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthr...light=trade-in.

Last edited by HMorrison; 07-06-2012 at 11:50 AM.
HMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #4
ECO
--Site Admin--

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMorrison View Post
We wanted to use it for ribosomal RNA amplicon analysis (or other molecular marker analysis by amplicon sequencing). It has too high an error rate for this purpose and is too expensive and labor intensive for the amount of data we got. I am serious about selling the items; they are [NOT] going up on eBay [except for the Guava].

Update: Apparently this is not allowed, at least for the IT parts. "There are fairly standard resell restrictions in the product terms and conditions"... and I found this thread about one of you trying to sell some unused chips http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthr...light=trade-in.
Wow, the LIFE information management folk really went after you? I almost guarantee they don't have the stones to sue customers who tried to use the PGM in good faith. Actually, maybe they are that bonkers. Sad day in the sequencing space.

I'd just demand a refund and cite that it never met its specs. Or trade <them> in...which is what we did.

I have two more OneTouch and ES' if anyone else is interested (but buy HMorrison's first).
ECO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
rmeyer

Default Interested in buying Ion Torrent equipment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECO View Post
Wow, the LIFE information management folk really went after you? I almost guarantee they don't have the stones to sue customers who tried to use the PGM in good faith. Actually, maybe they are that bonkers. Sad day in the sequencing space.

I'd just demand a refund and cite that it never met its specs. Or trade <them> in...which is what we did.

I have two more OneTouch and ES' if anyone else is interested (but buy HMorrison's first).

We are potentially interested in buying Ion Torrent equipment, so please contact me at rmeyer@geneticscenter.com
rmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
instrumentation