No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demultiplexing illumina reads

Hi there,

I have some basic questions. It would be really great if any one could help me out.

1. I wanted to know different ways of demultiplexing. I have worked with demultiplex.pl script targeting barcodes.
    Is there any scripts or ways targeting sequence.
    I want both the F and R reads in one file the one i am using gives me seperate file (demultiplex.pl).

2. After demultiplexing i get different number of reads in F and R files (i suppose it to be equal in number). What would be the threshold of difference in the number of reads in F and R files?

Thanks

I assume these are in-line barcodes because otherwise illumina's software takes care of demultiplexing. Not sure why you are getting unequal number of F/R reads.

Is there a specific reason you want F/R reads in one file?

Comment

You shouldn't have different numbers of reads in R1 and R2 files. Maybe your demultiplex script is throwing some sequences out based on quality or Ns?

Are R1 and R2 derived from a targeted amplicon, and should they overlap?
      If so you should stitch them together first. Then you can use jMHC to demultiplex (after conversion to fast).

A little more information on your system would help in getting a clearer answer.

Comment

Hi Guys thanks for the quick reeply.

GenoMax

my demultiplex script is not giving me equal number of reads, they pull F and R in different file so they may not be equal.
        I think there are demultiplex script that pulls both the reads in one file, pulls F and automatically pulls R, so that the F and R reads become paired.

JackieBadger
        I was guessing so too.

I have miseq data. I pooled 8 libraries and send them for sequencing. Since the barcodes are not the illumina kit barcodes i told them to send the files and i would demultiplex them.

With CLC i get similar number of F and R reads (paired in one file).
        But with the demultiplex.pl script i get different number of F and R reads separately.
        I was looking for demultiplex script that pulls both the reads in one file, pulls F and automatically pulls R targeting the sequence, and F and R reads get paired.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Does anyone has perl or pythogn script that can pull out Reads (Forward) from R1 file and corresponding pair (Reverse) from R2 file. CLC workbench does this but want some script that works alike.

Many thanks

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses