Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MuSiC tool integration to Galaxy NGS

Hi, I want to integrate tool MuSiC 2 into Galaxy NGS.
    Music tool website: http://gmt.genome.wustl.edu/genome-s...4/install.html and Galaxy website: https://usegalaxy.org/

I am considering 3 commands for now to integrate into galaxy.

calc-covg-helper
    calc-covg
    calc-bmr
    calc-covg need it input from ./roi_covgs/samplename.extension . This checking is done by software itself and we not provide file name while running command. calc-bmr creates another folder ./gene_covgs/ . While integrating music i don't know which location to use as galaxy follow its own file format and directory structure.

I have uploaded files using admin section by linking files from hard disk location. Also to collect output at a particular location, I have changed galaxy config file to store output at particular location. Yet i don't know which is file what, because galaxy have its own file name.

But while running these command, I don't know which is the base folder where these commands are running. Also If I get to know, accordingly to that I have to change its file name each time the result produce by command (as galaxy gives its own file name and extension).

In short : I don't know how can I force galaxy to use particular location and how i can tell galaxy that, tool is creating folders and files too. i just need interface to run the command, hence i wish for normal structure which we observe after running through command line.

Waiting for positive reply.

Was also crossposted on Biostar: http://www.biostars.org/p/95051/#95250

Comment

i have seen both, and i was unable to watch video i tried to download video its just 200kb. May be video was moved to new place.

i have made xml files xml accourdingly, but due to folder issue i am creating local scripts which i can say patch for current problem and not solution. Because script need changes whenever you change folder location. Also as I mentioned earlier, Galaxy write its input in some other folder, its little hard to get last written file by galaxy, and if we get also we have to move it to main location so that MuSiC can goto specific location and fetch it again.

Why MuSiC is not asking files directly ? I tried contacting MuSiC 2 developers but no reply from them regarding tool integration to Galaxy (MuSiC 2 research paper says, they have integrated tool to galaxy).

Tool integration is little difficult due to MuSiC 2 is fetching files from specific location.
      Do anyone have answer for that ?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses