X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next generation data analysis and assembly

Hi All,
    Its just as introduction to me.
    I am Mamoon, a newbie in NGS data analysis and assembly field. I am working as a Postdoc in King Abdullah University of Science and Technology. We have a good sequencing platforms here ranging from solexa to 454 to SOLID.
    My first question is that how to choose one among these technologies for sequencing different organisms (like bacteria, eukaria etc.) and different samples (for e.g. genomic DNA, RNA).
    Thanks

Hi, my Name is michael. I am working on the matter of next-geration sequence assembly for about one year. And two articles are recommended for your question:1. Assembly Algorithms for Next-generation Sequencing Data; 2. Comparing de novo assemblers for 454 transcriptome data.

Comment

Does anybody know how to identify uniquely mapped paired-end reads to the reference using BWA. Is this information exctracted after generating SAM file? please post with adequate details.
      Thanks in anticipation

Comment

To Mamoon Rashid,
        yes, you need extract after SAM file.
        below is what i used: I selected paired end reads with both ends mapped or one end mapped
        awk '{if (($1 ~/^@/) || ($2 !=77) && ($2 !=141)) print}' $path/pe2.bwa.sam | samtools view -bT $path/superref.fasta - >$path/pe2.bwa.bam

I just used this method to publish a paper
        Wang W, Messing J (2011) High-Throughput Sequencing of Three Lemnoideae (Duckweeds) Chloroplast Genomes from Total DNA. PLoS ONE 6(9):
        e24670. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0024670
        You can have a quick review.
        wwq

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses