Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• software that finding gene fusions on exome sequencing?

Hi all,

I'm thinking using exome sequencing data to look at gene fusions or larger indels. Does anyone know which software is good for this? I know it's going to be difficult because most breakpoints are in introns. Any suggesion?

Thank you!

FusionMap can also work on genomic DNA sequences. I am not sure if it works for exome-seq.

This paper seems to be able to find fusion genes from exome-seq. I wonder what software they use to do that

Solitary fibrous tumors (SFTs) are rare mesenchymal tumors. Here, we describe the identification of a NAB2-STAT6 fusion from whole-exome sequencing of 17 SFTs. Analysis in 53 tumors confirmed the presence of 7 variants of this fusion transcript in 29 tumors (55%), representing a lower bound for fusi …

Comment

Originally posted by ymc View Post
      FusionMap can also work on genomic DNA sequences. I am not sure if it works for exome-seq.

This paper seems to be able to find fusion genes from exome-seq. I wonder what software they use to do that

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23313954
      Sorry to bring back such an old post, but I went through a little hassle to figure it out and I think it might be useful for others:

They used dRanger (not publicly available) and Breakpointer.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses