Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONTRA test files available now

For those of you who have problems running CONTRA for copy number analysis over your exome / targeted resequencing data, I've now made a couple of bam files available on the sourceforge site for testing. (http://contra-cnv.sf.net)

These files have been tested to work. So if CONTRA is somehow not working for you, try these files first to see if the problem lies in your environment or in your bam files.

p.s. sorry about the bad links before for the bam files... they were simply too huge and caused bandwidth problems.

CONTRA.v2.0.3 is now available on sourceforge. Fixed some bugs, and it is now compatible with the new versions of R.

Comment

Are the test files expected to yield results?

The three expected table files are produced. Filtered table contains only one result and the VCF file contains no results. Everything seems to be working fine, but I would expect test files to yield more results, so I am not sure if I should be concerned.

Comment

CONTRA help

Hello,

I am a junior bioinformatician! I have to implement CONTRA in laboratory. We work from a target catch (Agilent SureSelect).
        For now I installed on a DEBIAN virtual machine CONTRA (python2.6, R 2.11.1 and bedtools). I want to create a control "baseline" from control samples (one bam file per sample and not a bam file per chromosome).

I get this error message:
        command:
        $ :/ $ python opt/CONTRA.v2.0.3 baseline.py
        - target / [PATH] / SureSelect_capture.bed
        - files / [PATH] / *. Bam
        - output / [PATH] / Baseline /

------- ------ Baseline.py
        File: / [PATH] / DZ05.bam
        File: / [PATH] / DZ15.bam
        File: / [PATH] / DZ25.bam
        File: / [PATH] / DZ35.bam
        File: / [PATH] / DZ45.bam
        Output Directory: / [PATH] / Baseline /
        ----- ----- Creating output directory
        / [PATH] / Baseline /
        / [PATH] / Baseline / buf
        ----- ----- Processing Files
        / [PATH] / Baseline/buf/DZ05.bam
        / [PATH] / Baseline/buf/DZ15.bam
        / [PATH] / Baseline/buf/DZ25.bam
        / [PATH] / Baseline/buf/DZ35.bam
        / [PATH] / Baseline/buf/DZ45.bam
        chr1
        CHR10
        / [PATH] / Baseline/buf/DZ55.bam
        Called Effective year throwing terminate instance of 'std :: bad_alloc'
        what (): std :: bad_alloc
        Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "baseline.py", line 149, in <module>
        pool.map (processInFile, infiles)
        File "/ usr/lib/python2.6/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 148, in map
        self.map_async return (func, iterable, chunksize). get ()
        File "/ usr/lib/python2.6/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 422, in get
        raise self._value
        IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/ [PATH] / Baseline/buf/DZ15.bam/chr/chr10.txt'

Thank you in advance for your help and excuse me for my english ...

Antoine

Comment

Originally posted by jtjli View Post
          CONTRA.v2.0.3 is now available on sourceforge. Fixed some bugs, and it is now compatible with the new versions of R.
          Originally posted by id0 View Post

The three expected table files are produced. Filtered table contains only one result and the VCF file contains no results. Everything seems to be working fine, but I would expect test files to yield more results, so I am not sure if I should be concerned.
          I'm in the same situation! Any error message, no warnings... but the vcf file stays empty.

Could be possible that the significance filters acts on the adjusted p-value (all of them near 0,99 -all the CNA's don't pass the filter-) and the vcf is allright??

I really want to use it

Comment

And when I say that the vcf file is empty, I mean that there is only the header...!

Comment

I am encountering the same problem as jmatés. The vcf file only have headers
              I also got some DEBUG massages:

DEBUG 123 genomeCoverageBed -ibam P0667T_GATKrealigned_duplicates_marked.bam -bga -g P0667Test/buf/sample.Genome
              Converting CONTROL Sample...
              DEBUG 123 genomeCoverageBed -ibam P0667N_GATKrealigned_duplicates_marked.bam -bga -g P0667Test/buf/sample.Genome

I have tried CONTRA.v2.0.2 and CONTRA.v2.0.4 with both python2.6 and 3.0.
              Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

What about CoNVex? How come I couldn't find anywhere to download the program?

Comment

ADTEx is the improved version of CoNVEx

cheers
                  jason

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will give it a try.

Comment

Wow. This program is very user friendly compare to Control-FREEC or ExomeCNV.

What about tumor purity estimation? Is it done internally?

Comment

I noticed that this program generates really huge temp files. For my 4.2G tumor bam and 3.2G normal bam, it generated over 100GB of temp file.

Is it possible to update your program such that I can turn on a flag that gzips the temp files? I think CPU time is cheaper than the I/O time these days. Thanks.
                        Last edited by ymc; 12-12-2013, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gary View Post
                          I am encountering the same problem as jmatés. The vcf file only have headers
                          I also got some DEBUG massages:

DEBUG 123 genomeCoverageBed -ibam P0667T_GATKrealigned_duplicates_marked.bam -bga -g P0667Test/buf/sample.Genome
                          Converting CONTROL Sample...
                          DEBUG 123 genomeCoverageBed -ibam P0667N_GATKrealigned_duplicates_marked.bam -bga -g P0667Test/buf/sample.Genome

I have tried CONTRA.v2.0.2 and CONTRA.v2.0.4 with both python2.6 and 3.0.
                          Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
                          Gary, the DEBUG output is not actually an error. It is a hard coded print function that was added in version 2.0.4. Even if the function runs correctly, it will output that information. Perhaps it was used to diagnose previous bugs, but wasn't commented out by the author...

Comment

Can ADTex be used for finding CNVs for normal tissue? If not, what is the best tool for that? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by id0 View Post

Hi, I noticed that there was no answer to this question and other similar ones. I got the same problem. I am new to this area.

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                              • seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                              0 responses