No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OneTouch and ES available

PGM users:

We have a OneTouch and ES (also Guava, preconfigured Qubit2, and various reagents and supplies) for sale; any reasonable offer considered. Have decided to cut our losses with the PGM.

Hey there,

Out of curiosity why have you decided to drop the ion torrent? We just got one so I'm curious to see what you didn't like about it?

Thanks,

Ronan.

Comment

Update

We wanted to use it for ribosomal RNA amplicon analysis (or other molecular marker analysis by amplicon sequencing). It has too high an error rate for this purpose and is too expensive and labor intensive for the amount of data we got. I am serious about selling the items; they are [NOT] going up on eBay [except for the Guava].

Update: Apparently this is not allowed, at least for the IT parts. "There are fairly standard resell restrictions in the product terms and conditions"... and I found this thread about one of you trying to sell some unused chips http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthr...light=trade-in.
      Last edited by HMorrison; 07-06-2012, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HMorrison View Post
        We wanted to use it for ribosomal RNA amplicon analysis (or other molecular marker analysis by amplicon sequencing). It has too high an error rate for this purpose and is too expensive and labor intensive for the amount of data we got. I am serious about selling the items; they are [NOT] going up on eBay [except for the Guava].

Update: Apparently this is not allowed, at least for the IT parts. "There are fairly standard resell restrictions in the product terms and conditions"... and I found this thread about one of you trying to sell some unused chips http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthr...light=trade-in.
        Wow, the LIFE information management folk really went after you? I almost guarantee they don't have the stones to sue customers who tried to use the PGM in good faith. Actually, maybe they are that bonkers. Sad day in the sequencing space.

I'd just demand a refund and cite that it never met its specs. Or trade <them> in...which is what we did.

I have two more OneTouch and ES' if anyone else is interested (but buy HMorrison's first).

Comment

Interested in buying Ion Torrent equipment

Originally posted by ECO View Post
          Wow, the LIFE information management folk really went after you? I almost guarantee they don't have the stones to sue customers who tried to use the PGM in good faith. Actually, maybe they are that bonkers. Sad day in the sequencing space.

I'd just demand a refund and cite that it never met its specs. Or trade <them> in...which is what we did.

I have two more OneTouch and ES' if anyone else is interested (but buy HMorrison's first).

We are potentially interested in buying Ion Torrent equipment, so please contact me at [email protected]

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses