No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differential analysis of non coding RNA seq

Hello ,

I'm working on ncRNA seq libraries obtained with Illumina... I just start to have a look about statistical analysis between two libraries : for example, I would like to know if the microRNA 1 is significantly different in the library 1 comparing to the library 2...
    I am not really aware of the kind of analysis I could perform to analyze this type of difference...

Does anyone has any idea about this ? Any publication to advise ???

Thank you,

Claudia

Hi Claudia,

you can use the same tools for miRNA as is used for normal mRNA. Currently, there are three tools available to test for differential expression:

- edgeR (Robinson, McCarthy, Smyth)
    - DESeq (Anders (=me), Huber)
    - baySeq (Hardcastle et al.)

Although it is often mentioned here, I do not list cuffdiff (part of the cufflinks package by Trapnell et al.) as it does not test for association of a detected difference with an experimental condition.

In your case, you cannot do any proper analysis, of course, as you don't have replicates. (See e.g. the relevant posts in this thread.)

Simon

Comment

Hi Claudia,

There are quite a few web-based tools available for analysis of deep sequencing small RNA data.

Here is a good list of them.

Chris

Comment

Dear Claudia,

Cuffdiff can be used to test for differential expression, and you may wish to try it. In particular, the new version can be used with replicates and also supports bias correction (performed individually on each replicate). Version 0.9 is downloadable from

Comment

micro-RNA

Hi Ipachter,

If I have to analyze microRNA What specific step I need to change. Just use the annotation file for micro_RNA and use total RNA for RNA-seq? that should be it or I need to do some more changes. I am very interested in using cufflinks.

Thanks.

Comment

Has anyone used Cufflinks for microRNA data?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses