SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lots of broken pairs matth431 Illumina/Solexa 5 08-18-2014 11:26 AM
cummeRbund getGenes gene order Enrique Zudaire RNA Sequencing 4 07-08-2014 02:12 PM
avoid cummeRbund "getGenes" automatically sorting geneIDs GuiFF Bioinformatics 1 07-07-2014 10:05 AM
cufflinks diffGenes<-getGenes(cuff,diffGeneIDs) error ckrna Bioinformatics 6 12-10-2013 12:43 PM
vcfutils.pl broken on Ubuntu 11.10? kz26 Bioinformatics 1 10-24-2011 10:54 AM

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
Zapages
Member
 
Location: NJ

Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 94
Default CummeRbund getGenes command broken in R?

Hi Everyone,

I don't know what exactly happened. I have been working with R and cummeRbund for the past few months. Everything seemed to be fine with the

getGenes command in the manual.

Apparently, when I enter the getGenes commands. I get the following error:

Code:
> myGenes <- getGenes(cuff,myGeneIds)
Getting gene information:
	FPKM
Error in sqliteExecStatement(con, statement, bind.data) : 
  RS-DBI driver: (error in statement: near ")": syntax error)
I am using latest version of cummeRbund with R. Also my Cuffdiff output was done through Cufflinks/Cuffmerge/Cuffdiff 2.0.2.

I checked my old data, which has worked in the past and I received the same error, which is strange.

Also I have reinstalled cummeRbund as well. I've rebuilt the database file as well. No matter, what I do I get this same error.

If someone could kindly help me. I would really appreciate it.



Thank you,

Zapages

Last edited by Zapages; 03-06-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Zapages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:28 AM   #2
TiborNagy
Senior Member
 
Location: Budapest

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 329
Default

Maybe the problem is not in CummerRbund, but in the SQLite server or client.
TiborNagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #3
Gus
Member
 
Location: Irvine CA, USA

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 29
Default

Regardless of where the problem lies it renders many of my needs unattainable and removes a lot of cummeRbund's function.

Has anyone found a way to get past this yet?

I have tried rebuilding the database with

Code:
cuff<-readCufflinks()
But it breaks again as soon as I try to repeat

Code:
my_sig_genes = getGenes(cuff, my_sig_gene_ids)
Anybody?

Gus
__________________
In science, "fact" can only mean "confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent." I suppose that apples might start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit equal time in physics classrooms.
--Stephen Jay Gould
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO