X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancer-Specific Gene Regulatory Networks datasets

Hi all,

I am new to Bioinformatics research.
    I have developed an algorithm which can find the most important links in a given social network to maintain its robustness. I am now trying to use a different version of the same algorithm to find the most important connections in a cancer specific gene-regulatory network.
    Currently I am struggling to find a good dataset with cancer specific gene regulatory data. I am looking for a dataset which contains information about source gene, target gene and the strength to the connection.

Please be kind enough to reply to this with places that I can find such datasets.

Thank you

Check out reactome, Nature Pathway Interaction Database, Kegg, BIND, BioGRID, HPRD, pantherdb for gene/protein interactions. Check current licensing, I know KEGG changed at some point.

Public real raw cancer data using nextgen is pretty rare. You'd be better off protoyping your "gene measurements" using the abundant array data available at NCBI GEO or EMBL-EBI Array Express.

Comment

This sounds really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by gunbuddy View Post
        Hi all,

I am new to Bioinformatics research.
        I have developed an algorithm which can find the most important links in a given social network to maintain its robustness. I am now trying to use a different version of the same algorithm to find the most important connections in a cancer specific gene-regulatory network.
        Currently I am struggling to find a good dataset with cancer specific gene regulatory data. I am looking for a dataset which contains information about source gene, target gene and the strength to the connection.

Please be kind enough to reply to this with places that I can find such datasets.

Thank you
        I like your idea.

You might take a look at cBIO: www.cbioportal.org

They have a very nice portal to the TCGA data, which has patient data as well. They use the Reactome networks to create networks from user supplied gene lists, and the you can see how (if) those genes are altered in patients with different cancer types.

Also, if you have not used Cytoscape, you must check it out now (cBio will download networks into a Cytoscape compatible format: GraphML)

Good luck! I think you have an important idea.

Christopher

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses