Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChipSEQ on Solexa (low % align, unusable reads)

Hi,

I thought there was some discussion, but could not find it - regarding the data output from a chipSEQ run using the Solexa GA.

There is very little dna to work with, is what the sequencing team says. But after a run through the solexa pipeline, I see under 20% passing-filter reads aligning to the reference genome. That is way too low, and that too with error rate of about 5% !

Are there any changes or workarounds as to what might be causing it? or its simply blame it on the data! The number of clusters, % pass, intensities all look fine..
    --
    bioinfosm

How many clusters are you getting per tile and what are the sequences that don't align, are they all the adapter sequence perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by new300 View Post
      How many clusters are you getting per tile and what are the sequences that don't align, are they all the adapter sequence perhaps?
      Its about 10,000-15,000 PF clusters. I am yet to check match with adapter, is there a dataset I could use to do that? A reference sequence to check for adapter?
      --
      bioinfosm

Comment

And the phiX control looks perfectly fine .. less than 1% error, good data overall..
        --
        bioinfosm

Comment

What should be the way to detect adapter contamination in my chipSEQ data?

I tried using this as reference set for ELAND, but did not work as expected, any ideas? I would simply want to see what % of reads are adapters or adapter dimers, etc.

>Adapters1a
          GATCGGAAGAGCTCGTATGCCGTCTTCTGCTTG
          >Adapters1b
          ACACTCTTTCCCTACACGACGCTCTTCCGATCT
          --
          bioinfosm

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses