SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
determining if a SNP is synonymous or not nlsullivan Bioinformatics 6 10-13-2013 05:38 AM
determining library size seqgirl123 Illumina/Solexa 5 07-16-2013 03:43 PM
repeat sequences/large files in galaxy Giles Bioinformatics 2 06-27-2011 12:08 PM
Determining differential expression swarbre Bioinformatics 0 11-12-2010 10:38 AM
Software for determining Genes near peaks? chariko Bioinformatics 1 07-07-2010 08:12 AM

Old 09-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
clostridium40

Default Determining Repeat Sequences

So, I'm working with a several bacterial genomes, and I'm learning bioinformatics as I work, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. My genomes have a lot of repeat sequences (for a prokaryotic genome) that are really the last elements to place into the genome, however I want to make sure that I assemble everything correctly. Thus, my question is how do you make sure that repeat sequences are placed correctly in the genome. Is the best way to PCR out from the repeat sequences and see where the different sequences belong, or are there other easier and quicker ways to accomplish this goal. Basically, what is the fastest and most accurate way to determine the location of the repeat sequences. Sorry again if this is an dumb question, but I don't know that much about genome sequencing and bioinformatics and I'm having to learn a lot from everyone here. Thanks

Last edited by clostridium40; 09-02-2011 at 02:25 PM.
clostridium40 is offline   Reply With Quote