SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Site News > Wiki Discussion

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi, everybody, Do you agree amplification will delivery bias to RNA-seq seattle Introductions 3 05-19-2010 03:35 AM

Old 01-03-2012, 07:07 AM   #1
severin
Genome Informatics Facility

Default an agree or like button

Does this kind of wiki support buttons that can count how many people agree or disagree with a post? That might be helpful to ascertain what information was most helpful to people as they read posts.
severin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
Heisman

From my limited experience, websites that utilize that prioritize posts by the number of likes, which would not mesh well with a forum where things are quoted and possibly replied to months later (when new/updated/more correct information is available). My general train of thought is that if somebody says something fairly definitive and nobody posts anything in disagreement, then it is probably correct (if it's not something really special/unique that nobody knows anything about).

Edit: I'm dumb. I thought this post was about the forum, not the wiki. I have no comment there.
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
severin
Genome Informatics Facility

Default Forum

I actually meant the Forums thanks for catching that though I don't think the posts should be prioritized based on the system just there to provide more feedback. There have been so many times I want to say I agree with so and so's post but to create another post to say that seems wasteful.
severin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
GenoMax

Lot of people will add their "+" vote .. in line .. on an ongoing thread. Like I am doing now.
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote