Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to rebuild query genome after BWA alignment to reference genome?

Dear all,

I recently sequence whole genome of Mycobacterium tuberculosis(unknown strain) with around 10X to 25X. Is it possible to rebuild query genome(genome of my target sample) after bwa alignment with MTB reference ?

And What kind of other tools or setting I need to used?

Since there are other unknown strains which would be sequenced for phylogenetic analysis, their genome sequence is necessary to be retrieved.

Thank you very much for all your kindly attention!

Since you have good coverage you may be able to de novo assemble your strain's genome from the data you have and then compare it to known strains of TB.

SPAdes is a good choice for bacterial genome assembly assuming you have the right kind of data (illumina).

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply!!

However, is there any possible way to obtain target genome after alignment?

Comment

Originally posted by hellsingwyk View Post
        Thank you very much for your reply!!

However, is there any possible way to obtain target genome after alignment?
        You can create a consensus sequence based on the alignments. It would only be valid for those regions where your strain matches the reference.

If you use new samtools (v.1.x): http://www.htslib.org/doc/samtools-1.1.html

Comment

Dear GenoMax,

Thank you very much for your helpful reply!!!
          I suppose my sequencing depth is suffice to cover whole reference genome.
          And will that consensus sequence contain the snp and indel from my query genome?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
            04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
          • seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Today, 11:49 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
          0 responses